Theo lời khai của chủ quán nhậu, nhóm 8 sinh viên đã uống rượu pha với nước ngọt. Sau đó 1 ngày, các triệu chứng bất thường xuất hiện. Hai người đã tử vong, nhiều người phải điều trị tích cực.
According to the pub owner’s testimony, the group of 8 students drank alcohol mixed with soft drinks. After 1 day, unusual symptoms appeared. Two people have died, many have to be treated actively.
The location of the above incident is Mr Bao’s pub on Tang Nhon Phu street, Phuoc Long B ward, Thu Duc city. Initially, the owner said that a group of 8 drinkers had taken 5 liters of alcohol available at the shop, mixed it with soft drinks and drank it all.
After that, the group dispersed and left. Many people have signs of vomiting, lethargy, and dizziness the next day. One case died at the motel room, another person died after 30 minutes of emergency treatment at Le Van Viet Hospital.
The rest were scattered at Thu Duc Regional General Hospital and Gia Dinh People’s Hospital.
The location where the group of students drank alcohol and then suspected Methanol poisoning. Photo: Dam De
Gia Dinh People’s Hospital (HCMC) said that 4 victims of alcohol poisoning (2 men, 2 women) were transferred to the emergency room on the afternoon of August 5. All 4 cases had a common diagnosis of Methanol poisoning on day 2.
Specifically, the male patient L.Q.K when admitted to the hospital was awake, complaining of headaches and dizziness. Test results of Methanol blood concentration 246.46 mg/dL.
The female patient named T.T.G.M was admitted to the hospital in a state of lethargy, unresponsive, unresponsive, breathing canula oxygen. The family said that the girl had vomited a lot, dizzy, had abdominal pain, then had convulsions.
The result of the blood Methanol test was 123.98 mg/dL. Patients with severe metabolic acidosis, hyperkalemia, intubated, mechanical ventilation, dialysis. This is the most severe case currently being treated.
The two cases above are undergoing dialysis at the Intensive Care Unit.
Meanwhile, patient V.V.Đ (male) had symptoms of chest tightness with sore throat. On admission, he was alert and able to communicate. Methanol concentration test results 19.96 mg/dL. Similarly, female patient N.T.T.V headache, dyspepsia, vomiting, alertness, good contact. On admission, the blood Methanol concentration was 1.34 mg/dL.
These two cases are being monitored and treated at the Department of Renal Endocrinology.
Gia Dinh People’s Hospital said that through the exploitation and assessment, the patients all drank alcohol of unknown origin, leading to Methanol poisoning.
Methanol, commonly known as industrial alcohol, has many different uses: making paints, solvents …, but this substance is very toxic to the body and absolutely cannot be used as food alcohol like Ethanol.
Alcohol poisoning from Ethanol is usually milder, with only the same symptoms as intoxication, but alcohol poisoning from Methanol is often more severe due to industrial alcohol being mixed into the drink.